So let me tell you that the best state in the mid is Illinois for recreational fishing, with excellent fishing for bass, muskie, and other freshwater species that, includes crappie and panfish. After this, let me tell you that before wetting a line in the state, you need to get an Illinois fishing license. So let me tell you that for residents and non-residents, we have put together all the information on fishing licenses in Illinois because of which license you need to buy and where to buy it, and many more.
Fishing in Illinois.
So let me tell you that fishing in Illinois, the first word that comes into my mouth is quality. After this, let me tell you that there is a great range of fishing spots in Illinois, from the Mississippi River to the great lake of Michigan and marshes and ponds. So let me tell you that there is also a facility for excellent bass fishing, and there is also good fishing for walleye and also for catfish in their power station cooling pond.
Who needs a fishing license in Illinois?
So let me tell you that a person who is above 16 and older than that should always carry a valid license when they are going fishing in Illinois water, which can also include rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and streams. After this, the license is compulsory or applies to both non-residents and residents.
Who is exempt from needing a fishing license in Illinois?
- So let me tell you the youth under the age of 16 and blind or disabled Anglers.
- After this, residents on active military service need an Illinois fishing license.
- So let me tell you that Illinois residents are owners or occupants of belonging where water flows on or over it.
- After this, the residents who live in a subdivision with a lake will not apply for this license.
What are the fishing license types in Illinois?
So let me tell you that Illinois is a state which offers several different types of sport fishing licenses. After this, the license will depend on your age, duration of your plane fishing trip, and residency. So here are some of the popular fishing licenses in Illinois for residents and non-residents.
Residents’ fishing license.
So let me tell you that for an entire year, Illinois residents are someone domiciled. After this, the place where you reside is your domicile. So let me tell you that the place where you plan to return after no permanent absence. So let me tell you that armed officer residence in a foreign country, out-of-state residence during the summer or winter, or out-of-state resident as a student may temporary absence may include duty in the US.
- Fishing license type ( Residents) – Residents sport fishing, annual (Cost- $15.00)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Resident Sport Fish, 65 and older (Cost- $7.75)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Resident sport fishing (24-hour) (Cost- $5.50)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Sportsman’s License (combined hunting and fishing licenses) (Cost- $26.25)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Senior Sportsman’s License (combined hunting and fishing licenses) (Cost- $13.50)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Lake Michigan Salmon Stamp (licensed anglers only) (Cost- $6.50)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Inland Trout Stamp (all waters except Lake Michigan; licensed anglers only) (Cost- $6.50)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Resident lifetime sport fishing (Cost- $435.00)
- Fishing license type ( Residents) -Resident lifetime combined (hunting and fishing) (Cost- $765.00).
non-resident fishing license.
Let me tell you that the non-resident is also applicable to all visitors who will visit Illinois and want to do fishing from other states or countries. After this, let me tell you that this type of typical or more expensive license than a resident license, and some of their discounts and exemption that apply to residents, veterans, people with disabilities, and seniors do not usually apply to the non-resident license holder.
- Fishing license type (non- Residents) -Non-resident sport fishing (24-hour) (Cost-$10.50)
- Fishing license type (non- Residents) -Non-resident sport fishing (3 days) (Cost-$15.50)
- Fishing license type (non- Residents) -Non-resident sport fishing (annual) (Cost-$31.50).
who can purchase discounted Illinois fishing licenses?
So let me tell you that the discounted resident fishing license is available for only and only Illinois residence seniors, super seniors, and veterans of the US armed forces after service or mobilization.
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Senior Fishing License (Cost- $7.75)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Senior Sportsmen’s Combination Hunting/Fishing License (Cost- $13.50)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Super Senior Fishing License (Cost- $1.50)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Super Senior Inland Trout Stamp (Cost- $0.50)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Super Senior Lake Michigan Salmon Stamp (Cost- $0.50)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Veteran Fishing License (Prior Certification Required) (Cost- $7.75)
- Discounted Illinois fishing license- Resident Veteran Sportsmen’s amalgamation Hunting/Fishing License (Prior Document Required) (Cost- $13.50)
Illinois urban fishing program.
So let me tell you that the specific program organized by Illinois urban fishing program is part of the community outrage and resource improvement program that was initiated in Chicago in 1985. after this, let me tell you that this program was executed to teach people of all different ages to fish to supply better local fishing opportunities and also to give contributors an understanding of and a great admiration for natural resources. So let me tell you that there are 20 sides all through the state which are scheduled for free fishing clinics.
Where can I buy an Illinois fishing license
Department of Natural Resources.
So let me tell you that you can get your fishing license directly from the DNR, which is a Department of natural resources’ direct license and permit when you go online at its official website that is exploremoreil.com.
So let me tell you that now you can also purchase your fishing license by calling its customer service at its telephone number, which is 866 716 6550. after this, let me tell you that this service or system you can get available 24 hours a day.
List of vendors
So let me tell you that for an online sale and list of vendors, you can see it on the official website that is https://www2.illinois.gov/dnr/LPR/Pages/default.aspx. So let me tell you that for buying a fishing license, the great choice is the Walmart store.
So let me tell you that if you want to purchase your license with full conferred of your own home within a minute. After this, you have first to remix and show that you have all the required documents, like your passport or ID card, to hand over to them, and also, you are good to go. So after this, you can rather print out your license or save a copy to your phone.
What happens with an Illinois fishing license fee?
Let me tell you that the fishing fee collected all through the license sales are very useful for them and are used to help fund the Illinois program on management prevention of its water and natural resources and conversation. After this, they use all this money in the development of all the above resources mentioned.
What will happen if I lose my license?
So let me tell you there is no worry about losing your license, so the best bet is to purchase it online. After this way, you do not have to carry the physical license with you, and there is no chance of losing it. So let me tell you that the copy you downloaded on your phone will do its job. After this, let me tell you that if you lose your license, there is no worry to take because you can get a replacement very easily and stress-free. So let me tell you that if you are going to buy your license online, then you can print it without any additional cost or giving any type of money. After this, let me tell you that if you purchase your license from a vendor, you can also reprint your license online. But if you get a print, you will require to pay a small amount of fee to them. So let me tell you that if you purchase your license from a vendor and you want to replace it or reprint then it in person, you will have to pay $3 per item and the lighter itself and all the additional stamps included in it. After this, you may also require a small transaction fee that you must pay over there.
Do I have to renew my license?
So let me tell you in the simple word that yes, you have to remove your license because every Illinois fishing license expires on 31st March every year and even a lifetime license. After this let me tell you that you can also renew your license from 1st March each year. Let me explain to you buy with an example that is if you are going to purchase your license after 1st March 2023. Then it will be valid only up to 31st March 2024. so it is compulsory that you renew your license.